Total Recorder is a universal sound recording tool that allows you to record digital and analog sounds. The resulting sound file can be stored on your hard drive in WAVE format (plain or compressed) or MP3 format and, if needed, is ready to be put on CD-R.
The main features of Total Recorder include:
1) Record sound being played by other computer programs (e.g. RealPlayer, Windows Media Player, Quick time, Winamp) including live Internet broadcasts. This feature is unique to Total Recorder and is not available in the vast majority of other sound recording programs;
2) Convert different sound formats to WAVE format (plain or compressed) or MP3 format, providing you have a player capable of playing a particular format;
3) Record Internet Telephony conversations - even full duplex;
4) Record from any sound card input line. For example, you can record from CD or you can hook up a cassette player and record from it;
5) "Pre-Record" facility;
6) A built-in scheduler lets you schedule future recordings and playbacks. Or you can use Total Recorder's command line options with an external scheduler such as Microsoft Task Scheduler.